Saturday, October 31, 2009

Show Me Saturday: Wholesale Club Shopping


Are you a member of a wholesale club like Costco, Sam's, or BJ's? Go here to watch my Youtube video about shopping at BJ's.
I activated a 60 day trial membership offer to BJ's I received in the mail. Did you receive this? If not, you can try a one day membership here. Brad's Deals also posts offers for BJ's trial memberships when they are available.
BJ's is the only wholesale club that accepts manufacturer coupons and allows those manufacturer coupons to be combined with BJ's store coupons. This would be the place to take any high value coupons you have. Just remember that many items at BJ's will not be a deal if you are coupon user. I discuss some of those items in the video. I plan to go to BJ's several more times in the next month for a few Christmas presents and then will let my membership expire.

While I was at BJ's I used a coupon for a free Alka Seltzer product valued up to $12. You might be able to score some high value coupons by writing to companies or calling them and explaining that you like their products, would like to try their products and/or had a problem with their product.

Hip2save blogger discusses this and listed many companies that will send coupons upon request here. This might be a great way to stock up on some coupons and it shouldn't take you more then a few minutes of your time.

Please let us know about your experiences at BJ's!

Happy shopping!

~Thriftynester

No comments: