Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Food For Thought

When I first started couponing I was embarrassed so I walked around the store with my fistful of coupons and tried to keep it all organized in my purse while I shopped. That lasted about a month. I decided I could be brave and I put all my coupons in a binder! Yes, I am that coupon lady who goes through the store with my binder out and proud. I remind myself that I am saving thousands of dollars each year by cutting coupons consistently.

Rachel Ray discussed couponing on her talk show recently and her guest Bill Rancic shared a few staggering facts about couponers that I thought I would pass along here. (I didn't love all his ideas, but these facts are amazing!)

  • Each year $400 billion worth of coupons are printed, yet less than 1% are ever claimed.

  • The group of individuals that most uses coupons make $75,000 a year or more! (Tell that to the person behind you in line that judges you.) The group of individuals that make $25,000 per year or less use the least number of coupons.

  • Couponers need to be organized! This was a point Bill Rancic made several times. It is really important that couponers find a method of organization that works!
You don't need to remember all these numbers. Just remember that your time is well worth it! You are saving many dollars over the course of the year. Click here to see this story.

Keep cutting!
~Thriftynester

No comments: