Friday, October 23, 2009

Series: Cutting Your Grocery Bill



As my stockpile has grown, I am constantly looking for ways to continue to cut down on my grocery bill in other areas. The most expensive part of my grocery bill has always been produce and proteins.. until I discovered manager specials!

Kroger and Lowes are some of my local stores that have amazing manager special deals. The thing about manager specials is that it can be hit or miss. The trick is to go more often, and not during peak days and hours. I find that week nights have been the best for finding deals.

What are manager specials? Manager specials are marked down items that are near expiration dates. The most common kinds of manager specials are meats, produce, and bakery items.

This week I got milk for $1.80 and eggs for $0.60 at Lowes, then meats marked down almost 50%, yogurt for $0.25 (after mark down and a coupon), and marked down bread at Kroger.












So next time you're at your local grocery store, be on the look out for those manager special tags and find your deals! Stayed tuned for more info on Shopping the Manager Specials!

--Savvyteacher

No comments: