Wednesday, November 26, 2008

A Day Off = A Baking Day!



This weekend I really wanted to try this scone recipe, but I had no butter and no motivation to go out and get some. So I finally got to make them today, and WOW they are delicious. I love anything pumpkin though so I may be biased, but I see them in my future coffee shop as a crowd favorite!



Cranberry Pumpkin Scones

1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour (Just to help make them softer)
1/4 cup sugar or honey
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 cup butter (no substitutes) cut up
1/2 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup applesauce
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 Tablespoon brown sugar

1.) Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices.
2.) Cut in the butter until it resembles fine crumbs.
3.) Add pumpkin, applesauce, nuts, and cranberries, stir just until moistened.
4.) Transfer dough to a greased cookie sheet and pat down into an 8 inch circle.
5.) Use a knife to cut dough into 8 wedges, do NOT separate wedges.
6.) Sprinkle with brown sugar
7.) Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes


**I had to add more flour because my dough was SO sticky. So you may need to also!**

Next Post I'll post about the pumpkin dinner rolls I am making (and that will hopefully turn out!).

No comments: