Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gift Stockpile Opportunities: Kohl's & Borders

Kohl's really does have great deals. I found two necklaces that would have cost $42 OOP, but because they were on deep clearance my total was $8.40 OOP! Remember, I don't buy stuff unless it is at least 75% off and these items were about 80% off. I was buying them for my stockpile, but honestly I think I am going to keep these!

If you don't already get email from Kohl's make sure you sign up at a register in your neighborhood Kohl's. There are small tablets sitting next to the register. When you sign up they send you a coupon for a free $5 to spend in their store. This could make your money go further on many clearance items there!

In addition, I printed the Borders coupon that Savvyteacher talked about here to get an item for 30% off. I also logged into my Borders Rewards account here and found that I have spent just under $150 at Borders this year. I stopped there on my way home looking for a cheap item that could get me over $150 so I could get my $5 reward. (I plan to use the reward to buy Hubby a book for Christmas.) I found the book pictured above on the hidden "Last Chance" rack for $1. I paid 75 cents after I used my coupon and now my total spending is over $150! I'm excited to use my $5 reward very soon.

I plan to stretch my bucks even further with the book! It was originally priced at $24.95. When I got home I checked out all the online used book dealers and found one that will buy the book for $5 and pay shipping. I will actually make money on the book I purchased when I send it in. The best part is that I spent five minutes in the store and 10 minutes online to make extra cash! This means I have another $10 to use shopping for Hubby for Christmas. I can't wait to see what I can find for $10 for him!

*If you are curious about online book dealers, google "sell used books" and you will get many options.

Cheers!
~Thriftynester

No comments: