Sunday, September 7, 2008

Who Doesn't Like Getting Paid to Drink Coffee?

So I am thinking that maybe since I am being extra frugal latey, that deals must be just waiting to fall into my lap. I literally made money today from McDonalds, and still ended up with coffee for me and supportiveheels. Are you dying to know how I did this? Let me tell you.

So I had this coupon for a BOGO (buy one get one) coffee from the McCafe. The plan was to get 2 medium vanilla latte's and bring them home for us to drink. So I order, pull up to the window and they tell me my total is $1.78 after the coupon. I was thinking that was too low, but figured oh well and pulled forward.

I get to the window and instead of two hot latte's, there are two iced regular coffees. I told them that this was not what I ordered. She told me that the person to work the cafe' didn't show up for work so they have no one to make specialty drinks (lattes and the such). I asked why they didn't tell me this when I ordered and paid, instead of replacing my order with something completely different. I was firm but polite, acknowledging I know this isn't her fault. So basically she offers to give me back my coupon and refund my money but also give me free coffee drinks. So she gives me 2 free black coffee's and gives me my coupon back. Then she hands me $3.50 and says this is the amount for 2 coffees (but remember I only paid for ONE) and says can I be satisfied with this? I thank her and drive off..... smiling that not only did I get 2 free coffees, still have my BOGO coupon, AND ended up driving away with $1.72 MORE than I started with. When you are frugal minded, deals just start coming to you!

So today, I got paid to drink coffee at McDonald's.

1 comment:

Thriftynester said...

OMG! You are so right. When your eyes are open, you see everything. I am calculating my grocery savings from yesterday and will post soon. I am so happy with my savings thus far.