Sunday, September 7, 2008

They know!

Savvyteacher and I are a bit trepedatious about doing several transactions at one time. As I walked into CVS today, it sort of freaked me out that I knew the clerk at the register and he knew me instantly. (After all, it has only been about a week that I have been doing this.) Last weekend when I did several transactions, I wasn't stressed about it as I had my cheerleaders behind me. I am referring to savvyteacher at my side and qqflyboy with supportiveheels sitting comfortably in 2 CVS chairs (that are for sale) eating Pringles that we purchased earlier.

I was there to get 1 Revlon nail polish and a much needed impulse hygiene product. I feel the need to say that 2 weeks ago I would have driven to CVS to spend $10 on my hygiene product and been annoyed at how much toiletries cost. Today was very different. I was excited by my transaction because I paid pennies for something that I really needed and I still have 2 ECB from a purchase last week, and I earned 3 ECB today. Now I can get other things with no problem this week. Was it really just 2 weeks ago that I didn't understand what an ECB was? WOW!

My transaction:
1 Revlon nail polish @ 3.99
1 Hygeine product @ 7.99

Coupons Used
2/10 CVS coupon
$8 ECB

OOP: $2.11
Earned $3 ECB for Revlon nail polish

As I completed my purchase the clerk laughed and called me a big spender when I gave him my $2.11. I smiled and he laughed again as I checked my register tape to ensure that my ECBs were indeed there. We talked about how many transactions similar to my own that he had done that day. He thought it was a bit crazy. He did mention that he is new to working at CVS and blown away by what walks out of the store for free! Then he pointed out all the 90% off summer sale stuff and mentioned that I could probably walk out with at least four more bags of stuff and spend no money as I had 3 ECBs to burn. I checked it over, but I decided that I don't need anymore flipflops (24 cents) and I don't need beach toys, so I was on my way. I don't think the clerk will forget me now and I am sure he will remember the hygiene product I bought! I am sure I will see him at least one more time this week as there are other deals to be had. :)

No comments: