Monday, January 18, 2010

Cooking From the Pantry January Update

Ok, so I haven't been the best at keeping you all posted about my pantry challenge I started a couple months ago. If you have been following me on my journey, you know I challenged myself to "cook" and "eat" from my pantry and freezer and gave myself a $20 per week budget. That budget is done monthly and I use the cash envelope system in order to track my spending. In December I was able to stay under budget, and because of a week trip to my parents up north, I was extremely under budget! Because of this, I decided to donate the rest of my monthly budget to my little sister who is 23 and trying to start cooking and couponing for herself, so I took her shopping!

This month I have been "tracked out" and return to work/school this week. My pantry was getting depleted, until Super Doubles at Harris Teeter last week stocked me right back up for under $20! I have kept under budget so far this month, and plan to continue "cooking from the pantry" as I am highly stocked up again!


Stay tuned for more updates, and my February grocery budget plan along with more recipes! You can also join me in my challenge and post your recipes and ideas for eating well, creating recipes, and staying on a budget.

--Savvyteacher

No comments: