Saturday, January 24, 2009

Finally, an organized stockpile!


I have been eyeing this piece of furniture at Crate & Barrel for the last month. QQ and I have been looking for something for this spot for quite some time. As I have ventured into the world of coupons and stockpiling we have realized how much we need a piece of furniture to store stuff in our "cozy" hallway downstairs. We don't have a great deal of kitchen storage space so it has been a bit of a challenge. When friends come over they have noticed the growing pile in the hallway. I hate that. We bought it last night for $299.99 and QQ put it together when we got home.

I am grateful that I no longer worry about tripping over my pile on my way through the hallway. My new problem is...how do I reorganize all my food storage. As I was surveying all the food to put away, I was amazed at how much there was. I have a ton and I have only done this for 5 months. What is even more amazing is that most of what went into the cabinet was free or just a few pennies! I am sure that it would have cost at least $300 at typical grocery prices.

It was all a bit overwhelming to organize last night and I was tired. I threw it in to get it out of the way. I'm going to spend some time today figuring out what would work best. Because the cabinet has glass doors on it, I think I am going to start collecting baskets on sale and move things to baskets. (Thanks Savvyteacher for that idea!) This way it will look nice in the hallway and be quite functional too!

No comments: