Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Truth About Target


Do you want to know the truth about Target? The truth is, I love that store. It has always been one of my favorite places to shop and before I began the frugal path to saving money and making wiser purchases I had always gotten many of my everyday items there. Once I started using coupons and playing the drugstore games, Target became a distant memory. It wasn't until I found that shopping wisely, browsing the clearance racks, and using coupons you can find many good deals at Target.

The ugly truth? Target's coupon policy is very unclear, only recently was posted on their website, and their system in the store and employees are not knowledgeable about the policies that do exist. I spent less than $6.00 for ALL of the items in the above picture, but all of the coupons used were mostly a fight because the employee did not understand how to adjust coupons that were higher than the value, and she was unaware of how their policy truly works.

What I learned today? Target has amazing clearance deals and I will be a frequent browser of the clearance items, located on many end caps. Target can have some good "free or nearly free after coupon items", but you need to do small transactions because they don't know how to handle large amount of coupons, and definitely be aware and prepared. Carry the coupon policy with you if you are going, know what it says, watch them ring through your coupons, and most of all- be firm in letting them know their own policy and pointing out what you are in fact allowed to do, but be polite. Even if you become frustrated, being firmly polite will carry you a lot farther than being the crazy coupon lady!

Were all these items worth it in the end? Well, I got all those items for less than $6.00 total (many of them free), so you be the judge.

--Savvyteacher

No comments: