Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Free Samples in Your Mailbox!


Here is a picture of the samples I received in the mail this past week. Each week I get somewhere between 1-3 items in the mail, and the chance at many free items. Why do I spend time each week signing up for samples? Simple-- free items, good coupons, and the chance to try new products!

1. Free items. The items I got this week will each turn into either a lunch or a breakfast. That is part of two meals for free! Not all samples are always food items, I have gotten several freebie household products, toiletries, and more! This helps keep your costs down, even if it is one free sample of laundry detergent- that is one free load! Everything adds up and helps cut costs.

2. Coupons. Almost every single time I get a sample or freebie in the mail comes with a coupon. Usually a very high value coupon! So, in addition to a free item, the coupon helps get me that same item for either free or near to free when you use it on the special coupon weeks at some stores when they triple or double coupons. I also often get free samples in the form of a coupon for the item free. Two weeks ago I got a coupon for a free Yoplait Whips yogurt, and all I had to do was take in into the store to redeem it. Free! One freebie that has been an ongoing was the Mars Chocolate Relief Act. Each Friday for a few months you could sign coupon for a free Mars brand candy bar. This coupon can help get you more than just that freebie- if you pair it with a store's BOGO (Buy One Get One) you can get 2 for FREE, from just signing up for that one coupon! Another place I have gotten free after coupon products is on facebook. Many companies are starting facebook pages and giving away free after coupon items for becoming a fan on their page.

3. Getting to Try New Products. Do you like trying out new products, or getting to sample something new on the market before you actually purchase it? Samples help you do this! Many times I get to try something that I have seen on an add as a new product and it allows me to see if I like that product or not, before purchasing it in the store. I love getting to try so many different kinds of products for free, and often times find my new favorite of a certain item!
I try to spend no more than 20 minutes a week signing up for free sample online, and the outcome far exceeds my time. One way I have found to manage doing this, is taking 5 minutes out of my lunch break and as I eat click around and choose a few things I am interested in and sign up! It has become a part of my lunch routine, and now allows me to have a steady flow of samples in my mailbox each week!


--Savvyteacher

No comments: